SIS Custom and Faculty Led Programs
SIS Intercultural Study Abroad is happy to offer assistance in the design and implementation of customized academic study abroad or service-learning programs in any of its locations. Programs can be developed for groups at the secondary school, undergraduate, or graduate levels in a wide variety of academic areas. Durations of these programs can range from 10 days to 15 weeks and in any period of the year.
SIS is equipped with modern facilities in the historic center of Siena, a short distance from Piazza del Campo. The Faculty of SIS offers a series of accredited, university-level courses in the humanities, social sciences, business, natural sciences, intercultural studies and language sectors. Lastly, SIS staff has decades of experience welcoming international students, organizing cultural activities and trips and providing professional support to professors and students.
SIS is particularly experienced in programs focusing on the study of the Italian Language and employs its own unique approach to full-immersion — students can take intensive language and complete the CILS or Plida exams to certify their language competency while enjoying accommodations and daily practice in a host-family and through a rich program of cultural activities. Alternatively, take advantage of SIS’ network in other fascinating destinations such as Brussels, Yaoundè and Chiang Mai.
- Host your study trip within the walls of a UNESCO world heritage site;
- Take advantage of SIS staff, faculty and facilities to create an unforgettable program which can include as much or as little as needed;
- Competitively priced fees;
- Use Siena as a home-base for exploring Italy, Europe and more;
- Experience SIS’s unique instructional methodology and approach to Intercultural Education;