At SIS Intercultural Study Abroad we want you to feel, see, and taste every aspect of Italy and its culture… Whether we take you out for a gelato, head to the beach for the day, or enjoy an evening at the Opera, each and every activity and excursion is chosen for its cultural, linguistic and/or historical value.
Typical excursions in Siena during semester and summer programs:
- Visit Siena’s museums (Museo Civico and Santa Maria della Scala)
- Visit the medieval aqueducts of Siena; locally know as bottini.
- Tuscan cooking lesson
- Wine tasting and/or local products tasting
- Day-trip to the beach and/or hot springs
- Day-trip and museum visit in Florence
- 3-Day trip in Italy (semester), 2-day trip in Italy (summer)
- 3-Day trip to Brussels, Belgium (semester only)
- Opera show
- Much more…